Power Purchase Agreements
Green power supply contracts with renewable energies
Evaluating long-term green power supply contracts is part of your basics and now you would like to be advised on your options for action? We have been analysing, advising and training on the topic of power purchase agreements (PPAs) for many years. Whether you need support with a PPA tender and contract evaluation or analysis-based advice for your PPA risk strategy, you will receive fast and straightforward support from our experts.
Our promise to you: PPA consulting at the highest level
- Practical expertise: Daily market data analyses combined with our own model-based risk analyses allow us to make a particularly in-depth assessment of price, volume and liquidity risks in PPAs.
- High credibility: Our power price scenarios and price indices are recognised in the market.
- Didactic experience: So far we have trained or advised 500+ professionals from all over Europe on PPAs.
- Sustainable advice: As of today, our clients have concluded successful PPA transactions across Europe amounting to more than 4 GW.
Our free or customised PPA price monitor provides you with regular updates on PPA price developments.
Our PPA database provides you with an in-depth insight into current market developments on the structure of PPA contracts. In addition, you can gain insights into current market events and search specifically for suitable PPA partners.
You ask yourself questions like: Which PPA structure is the right one for me? Which market players offer which structures and terms? What risks do I assume through a PPA? At what price level does it make economic sense to conclude a PPA? You receive quick and straightforward expert support in tendering and/or energy-economic evaluating your PPA offers. This ensures that you do not overlook any risks.
Scope of delivery: You will receive the assessment results as an Excel file and a report with recommendations for action as a PDF file.
- You gain a deeper understanding of the motivations, prices and risks in the PPA market. This helps you to negotiate at least at eye level.
- You consciously optimise your risks and opportunities on the basis of objective data analyses.
Which hedging strategy is the best way to limit and manage PPA market risks? How should residual risks be assessed? How does this affect PPA pricing? We would be happy to support you with your PPA risk strategy. We do this with several years of consulting experience in the areas of risk management, procurement and PPA and in-depth methodological expertise in quantifying market risks.
Scope of delivery: Together we conduct several workshops with internal stakeholders. Together we conduct several internal workshops. We prepare analyses for you particularly for this purpose. You receive relevant project results as an Excel and PDF files as well as presentation documents with recommendations for action. If you wish, we can also provide you with the risk assessment tools developed in the project
- You know how to measure and manage PPA risks in your book structure.
- Your employees in procurement, trade and sales will gain a deep understanding of PPA price components and their influencing variables.
- You are able to anchor the specifics of PPAs with wind and solar plants in your assessment system.
- You can classify the PPA prices offered to you.
- You avoid taking on too much residual risk in your PPA portfolio. At the same time, you increase your chances of successfully managing short- and long-term PPAs.
"On our customers' path to climate neutrality green corporate PPAs are an important element. At E.ON, we integrate this element into the energy contracting solutions we offer our customers. With Energy Brainpool's comprehensive market knowledge and expertise on corporate PPAs, we are able to accompany our customers on their journey in partnership. "
"As an experienced green power marketer and energy supplier, we offer wind and solar plant operators as well as industrial customers the opportunity to obtain long-term price security through the use of green PPAs. Successful risk management is a basic prerequisite for this. Our PPA risk strategies can be further optimised thanks to Energy Brainpool's expertise – to offer our customers the best possible PPA prices."
In-house Training: Hydrogen PPAs in Germany and Europe
On-site PPA vs. off-site PPA: How do I optimise power purchase costs overall? Successfully conclude hydrogen PPAs with favourable procurement prices by discussing these and other questions. You will find an agenda suggestion in the in-house training overview under "Expertise".